Monday, September 11, 2006

9/11

It's funny that after 5 years I feel like 9/11 just happened yesterday. I remember where I was standing at Grey Worldwide and who I was talking to. My boyfriend's sister was down near the towers. She always talked a lot and was very outgoing, but not that day, she was paralized, everyone was paralized.

I remember hysterically crying the day of, but more so the day after because i saw people -- women, men, husbands, wives fathers and mothers jumping and falling from the burning buildings and I felt guilty. I felt so god dam guilty and I still do.

I was just watching a show on 9/11 and everyone was asking "what were those who jumped thinking? They must have had some spiritual apiphany". I don't know what they were thinking but I think maybe some were thinking, "I want to call my mom and let her know that I'm all right", I didn't walk the dog today and now it's going to take me forever to get out of the city?". It was Sun hot, smoke and screaming everywhere -- where else would one go but down?


This day made me so mad for so many different reasons. One reason that truly rocked me to the core was that it took something this horrible to realize that the US is vulnerable -- We'e not this all mighty power, but simply a country amongst other countries with the same insecurities.

No comments: