Monday, November 26, 2007

So Many Touchpoints..but what are they all for?

I read a great post today on ypulse.com. today that I thought was brilliant. see below:

Ypulse Is Now On Facebook.

I gave in. In addition to having two profiles on MySpace (one for me and one for the book), a profile on Bebo for the book, a profile on Linked In and a professional profile for me on Facebook, there is now a Ypulse Facebook profile. I plan to use it to promote Ypulse Mashups and other upcoming events. For Ypulse readers active on Facebook looking for a place to discuss youth media or marketing issues, feel free to post comments, discussions, etc. We had a group on MySpace, but nobody really used it -- I'm hoping maybe people will be more likely to start discussions on Facebook. I already shared an idea I'm working on in the discussion area already. If you're a fan of Ypulse, help spread the word on Facebook!

Posted by anastasia
http://ypulse.com/archives/2007/11/ypulse_is_now_o.php

I thought this was great because Anastasia is outlining what each of her social netowrks are focussed on, i.e her book, promoting Ypulse, her personal page, etc. More importantly she's providing her viewers with more direction as to which ones will benefit them and what they're looking to connect to. I LOVE this. Working in the "social network" field myself I think this is the one thing that brands should be doing more of, i.e. telling, as well as illustratiing what their brand profiles are for on MySpace, Facebook, twitter, etc. Let people know what they're meant for, as well as let your consumers invent and tell you what they would like to use them for.

No comments: